Bringing Dark Theme to Medium in Chrome
Ganesh Kumar Marimuthu
Aug 5, 2020
· 3 min read
For this article, I wrote a script that will bring Dark Theme to Medium web.
First, we add the above snippet in Chrome and see if it is working.
- Open Chrome Dev Tool by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Ins or Right-click and select Inspect.
2. Click on the Sources Tab. You can see a list of options on the left like Page, Filesystem, Overrides, etc.
3. Click the » button and select Snippets.
4. Now click New snippet to add a snippet. Give a meaningful name to the snippet. I am giving mine darkTheme.
5. Now copy the below code from the
and paste it in the editor. Now press Ctrl + S to save the changes
6. Open any medium article and open the snippet by following the above steps.
7. Right-click on the snippet and select Run
8. Voila, Now you can read Medium articles with Dark Theme.
And there you have it, your Medium in Dark Theme. Currently, Chrome doesn’t have an option to run the script automatically but I hope we get the option in the future. Thank you for reading, I hope you found this article helpful!
Thank you ????
To know more about me, visit
Chuyên mục: Hỏi đáp